Travelers Home & Auto Insurance Review
Are you considering purchasing homeowners insurance or auto insurance from Travelers? Below, we offer an overview of the company, answer the most common questions that potential customers have about Travelers, and provide our honest review so that you can make a more informed decision.
With more than 165 years of history, Travelers is one of the most well-known personal insurance companies operating in the United States. It’s also one of the largest. According to the Insurance Information Institute (III), in 2020 Travelers was the sixth largest property and casualty insurer in the US, with more than $28 billion in premiums written. This translates into roughly 4 percent of the entire US market. Travelers offers home, auto, and a variety of other types of insurance geared toward individuals.
Travelers is headquartered in New York City and maintains field offices in every state, including major offices in Hartford, CT and St. Paul, Minnesota.
Headquarters New York, NY
Customer Service 1-800-842-5075
What people say about Travelers
What we like about Travelers
- Travelers is one of the largest and most well-known insurance companies in the US, with a 165+ year history.
- Travelers maintains an A++ rating with AM Best.
- Travelers offers both home and auto insurance, allowing for bundling.
- Travelers also offers renters, condo, landlord, boat, motorcycle, travel, pet, and wedding insurance, making them an all-in-one stop for your insurance needs.
- Travelers offers a variety of discounts that can lower your premiums.
Travelers maintains an A++ rating — the highest rating available — with AM Best, one of the largest credit rating agencies in the insurance industry.
Why do ratings matter? Companies with higher ratings have been deemed safer. That means when you hold an insurance policy with an A-rated company, you can feel confident that the carrier will be able to meet its obligations to you if you need to file a claim.
Learn more about the importance of choosing an A-rated insurance carrier »
Products offered by Travelers
Travelers offers homeowners and auto insurance, as well as a number of other coverage options for individuals and businesses.
Travelers homeowners insurance options
- Dwelling coverage
- Other structures coverage
- Personal property coverage
- Loss of use coverage
- Personal liability coverage
For more information about homeowners insurance and coverage definitions, read our Homeowners Insurance 101 guide.
Travelers auto insurance options
- Liability coverage
- Uninsured/underinsured motorist coverage
- Collision coverage
- Comprehensive coverage
- Personal injury protection (PIP insurance)
- Medical payments coverage
For more information about auto insurance and coverage definitions, read our Auto Insurance 101 guide.
Other insurance products offered by Travelers
- Renters insurance
- Condo insurance
- Landlord insurance
- Boat and yacht insurance
- Motorcycle insurance
- Pet insurance
- Jewelry and valuable items coverage
- Wedding and events insurance
- Travel insurance
- Umbrella insurance
Where is Travelers insurance offered?
Travelers offers its home and auto insurance products throughout the United States. See the chart below for more information about the types of insurance Travelers offers in each state through Matic.
|District of Columbia (DC)|