Collection of Information
Matic may collect the following categories of personal information about you, in order to provide products or services:
- Personal Identifiers, such as name, address, date of birth, and Social Security Number;
- Demographic information, including characteristics protected by law, such as gender or age;
- Demographic information;
- Commercial information;
- Internet or other electronic network activity information;
- Geolocation data;
- Audio, electronic, visual, thermal, olfactory, or similar information;
- Professional or employment-related information;
- Education information; and
- Inferences drawn from the above categories.
Sources of Information
The following are the categories of sources of personal information we may collect about you:
- We may collect personal identifiers from you, publicly available databases, data aggregators, advertising networks, internet service providers, data analytics providers, government entities, operating systems and platforms, social networks, and data brokers, and other third parties from whom we have purchased data;
- We may collect internet, browsing, or other network activity from your use of our websites, mobile apps, or telematics devices;
- We may collect telematics data, including geolocation data, from your use of telematics devices;
- We may collect geolocation data from your use of our mobile apps or in connection with your use of our websites;
- We may collect audio recordings when you call our customer service call centers;
- We may collect professional or employment information from job applications, resumes, or recruiters;
- We may collect education information from job applications, transcripts, resumes, or recruiters; and
- We may collect inferences from your use of our websites, telematics devices, our mobile apps, or from information provided by credit or consumer reporting companies if you have applied for a financial product or service.
Purposes of Information
We collect and use personal information for our business purposes. For all categories of personal information listed in this policy, these business purposes include:
- Detecting security incidents;
- Protecting against and prosecuting malicious, deceptive, or illegal activity (such as fraud);
- Short-term, transient use of personal information;
- Performing services on behalf of Matic, another business, or a service provider (such as maintaining or servicing accounts or providing customer service);
- Undertaking internal research; and
- Verifying or maintaining the quality or safety of a service or device or improving a service or device.
- Joint marketing
- Other business purposes
Sharing of Information
Matic may share (“Share,” as defined by the CCPA) your personal information for the business purposes listed above and for the following reasons:
- Professional advisors including accountants, lawyers, and consultants
- Service providers (such as data storage providers, data security providers, payment providers, and email providers)
- Third parties that help administer, manage and analyze our programs and services
- Third parties with which we enter into agreements to share information, including entities in the insurance, real estate, and financial services industries
- Other types of third parties for joint marketing purposes
Matic may also share all categories of personal information as part of corporate transactions, such as mergers, acquisitions, or divestitures, as well as with our affiliates and subsidiaries. We may be required to share all categories of personal information with law enforcement, regulatory agencies, or litigants based on enforceable requests for this information.
We do not sell personal information of California consumers. We, our service providers, and third parties such as advertising, social media, and analytics companies may, however, collect this information using “cookies,” which are small text files that the Services save on your computer using your web browser and access when you return.Information collected about you on our website by third parties could be combined with other information that you’ve provided to them or that they’ve collected from your use of their services.
We do not knowingly collect, disclose, or sell the personal information of consumers under 16 years of age.
Your Consumer Rights
Right to know and access. You have the right to know and request information about the categories and specific pieces of personal information we have collected about you within the last 12 months, as well as the categories of sources from which such information is collected, the purpose for collecting such information, and the categories of third parties with whom we share such information. You also have the right to know if we have sold or disclosed your personal information.
Right to delete. You have the right to request the deletion of your personal information, subject to certain exceptions.
Right to limit. The right to limit the use or disclosure of your personal information by us to purposes permitted by the CCPA, if we use or disclose sensitive personal information.
Right to correct. The right to correct inaccurate personal information that we maintain about you.
Right to non-discrimination. You have the right to not be discriminated against for exercising any of the above-listed rights. We may, however, provide a different level of service or charge a different rate reasonably relating to the value of your personal information.
To exercise any of your consumer rights listed above, please reference our Personal Information Request Form.
Third-Party Vendors & Business Partners
This paragraph contains instructions for all third-party vendors providing services to Matic, and third-party business partners of Matic. This paragraph does not apply to individual consumers.
If a California consumer submits a CCPA rights request directly to one of Matic’s third-party vendors or business partners, the vendor or partner must instruct the consumer to visit this policy and submit the request through one of the approved methods listed below (webform or toll-free telephone number).
You or your authorized agent may exercise your rights under the California Consumer Privacy Act by submitting your request at our Personal Information Request Form or call us at (844) 431-6454. (12 p.m. – 6 p.m. ET, weekdays) to make a request on your behalf. We must receive signed permission designating the authorized agent to submit the request or a properly executed power of attorney that describes you, your designated authorized agent, and the purpose of the designation. If you provide the authorized agent with signed permission, we request that you also verify your own identity with us directly and confirm that you provided the authorized agent permission to submit the request. The FAQs below provide you with additional information about this process.
Do Not Track
California law requires us to let you know how we respond to web browser Do Not Track (DNT) signals. Because there currently isn’t an industry or legal standard for recognizing or honoring DNT signals, we don’t respond to them at this time.
Matic may revise this policy from time to time as permitted by law. Matic will provide the revised policy on this website, on a website that replaces this website, in person, via email, or using other methods. Changes shall become effective on the date they are posted.
If you have any questions about Matic’s privacy policies, or our use of your information, please contact us at (844) 431-6454.