For information regarding our privacy practices if you receive a financial service from Matic, please see our Privacy Notice.
Collection of Personal Information
We may collect the following categories of personal information from and about you:
- identifiers such as a name, postal address, unique personal identifier, online identifier, IP address, email address, account name, or other similar identifiers;
- demographic information, including characteristics protected by law, such as your gender or age;
- commercial information, such as your purchase history or products you have expressed interest in;
- internet or other electronic network activity information, such as the data we receive when you interact with our website;
- geolocation data, such as information we receive about your device location (e.g., based on your IP address);
- audio, electronic, visual, thermal, or similar information, such as photographs or voice recordings;
- professional or employment-related information, such as your employer or title;
- education information, such as the university you attended and degree; and
- inferences drawn from the above categories.
We collect personal information about you from a variety of sources, including:
- From you: We collect information that you submit to us. For example, when you request a quote, purchase a product or service, write a review, sign up to receive communications from us, or otherwise contact us with a question, comment, or request.
- From your devices: We and our service providers may automatically collect certain technical information from your computer or mobile device over time and across different websites when you use the Services, such as your Internet Protocol address, your general geographic location, your browser type, your operating system, the pages you view on the Services, the pages you view immediately before and after you access the Services, and the search terms you enter on the Services. This information allows us to recognize you and personalize your experience if you return to the Services, and to improve the Services. We and our service providers may collect this information using “cookies,” which are small text files that the Services save on your computer using your web browser and access when you return.
Use of Personal Information
We may use the information we collect for a number of purposes, including, but not limited to:
- providing you with products, services, or information you request;
- providing you with information about the Services or required notices;
- delivering marketing communications, promotional materials, or advertisements that may be of interest to you;
- customizing your experience when using the Services, such as by providing interactive or personalized elements on the Services and providing you with content based on your interests;
- allowing us to improve the Services and the services we provide, such as by better tailoring our content to our users’ needs and preferences;
- generating and analyzing statistics about your use of the Services;
- helping our advertisers and sponsors better understand our users; and
- detecting, preventing, and responding to fraud, intellectual property infringement, violations of our policies, violations of law, or other misuse of the Services.
Disclosure of Personal Information
We may disclose the information we collect from you through the Services:
- to third parties that provide services to us in connection with our business operations and that have agreed to keep the information confidential, including, but not limited to, third parties that provide order and payment processing services and third parties that deliver marketing communications and other materials that may be of interest to you;
- to third parties, including our affiliates, nonaffiliated financial institutions, or joint marketing partners, for their own purposes, such as to improve or market their own products or services;
- as required by law, such as to comply with a subpoena or other legal process, or to comply with government reporting obligations;
- when we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary (a) to protect our rights, the integrity of the Services, or your safety or the safety of others, or (b) to detect, prevent, or respond to fraud, intellectual property infringement, violations of our policies, violations of law, or other misuse of the Services; and
- to service providers, advisors, potential transactional partners, or other third parties in connection with the consideration, negotiation, or completion of a corporate transaction in which we are acquired by or merged with another company or we sell, liquidate, or transfer all or a portion of our assets.
Please note that the Services may contain third-party links. You acknowledge and agree that we are not responsible for the collection and use of your information by such third parties that are not under our control. We encourage you to review the privacy policies of each website you visit.
Information for Users Outside of the United States
Information collected through the Services will be processed in and subject to the laws of the United States, which, if you are not located in the United States, may not provide the same level of protection for your personal information as your home country, and may be available to the United States government or its agencies under a lawful order made in the United States. In addition, we may transfer your information outside the United States to our affiliates, business partners, and service providers located in other countries.
Security of Personal Information
We have administrative, technical, and physical safeguards designed to safeguard the information collected by the Services. However, no information system can be 100% secure, so we cannot guarantee the absolute security of your information. Moreover, we are not responsible for the security of information you transmit to the Services over networks that we do not control, including the Internet and wireless networks.
As a policyholder (customer), you can always review and update your information by calling our Client Care Team at (844) 431-6454. All consumers have the right to know the information that Matic has about them, to make changes to that information, and to know the identity of any entity that Matic has disclosed that information to within the previous two years. To make such an inquiry or correct your information, you can contact us in three ways:
Call our Client Care Team at (844) 431-6454;
Write to the address listed below; or
Use the “Contact Us” section of our website.
You may be required to provide certain information for identity verification purposes. If your information is immediately accessible when you call, the customer service representative will review it with you and you may make changes to it at that time. If your information is not immediately accessible when you contact us, within 30 business days, Matic will inform you of the types of information we have about you. If you would like to further review the information, you may request a copy be sent to you by mail. Matic may charge a fee for providing a copy by mail.
If you would like to “opt-out” of receiving marketing e-mails from us, you may do so by using the unsubscribe feature included in the e-mails we send.
We do not currently respond to web browser “do not track” signals or other mechanisms that provide a method to opt out of the collection of information across the networks of websites and online services in which we participate. For more information, visit www.allaboutdnt.org.